The fiber optic Strain Sensor FBGS-01 can be used to measure strain changes on the surface of material (due to tension, compression and bending) of metallic or composite structures. This allows for the continuous structural health monitoring of structures, crack and fissure formation in (concrete) walls, monitoring of bridges, dams, buildings, tunnels, ships, trains, and other complex structures etc. Electrical power is not necessary on-site, an interrogator can be placed tens of kilometers away.
- Civil engineering structures
- Large concrete and metallic components
- Nuclear power plants and experiments
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Laboratories & Universities